Monday, July 15, 2019

Digital Love

Digital Love, Interstella 555 
Last night I had a dream about you
In this dream, I'm dancing right beside you
And it looked like everyone was having fun
The kind of feeling I've waited so long

I've been a long time fan of Daft Punk's Interstella 555 for many years; so imagine my excitement when I wandered into the Crystal Heart Academy and found BonBon's Gacha's set, Interstellar idol. I knew at first sight I would be blogging and spending way too many lindens trying to capture my ideal space idol look.

BonBon, is a new to me store...meaning prior to attending this event I had never had the pleasure of shopping BonBon. BonBon is cute, well designed and certainly managed to capture my attention. Now, I have to highlight what I really wanted out of the set, a microphone. BonBon's gacha set includes three microphones styles. I crossed my fingers, kissed my elbows and kept purchasing until I managed to get my pick out of the bunch.

In all of you haven’t checked out Crystal Heart Academy I strongly suggest you do. The Crystal Heart Academy event runs in Second Life from June 30th until July 28 so there is still 12 more blissful shopping days left. How can I describe the Crystal Heart Academy??? Well....it's like a Manga and Anime school themed event. You won’t be disappointed if you’re a fan of cute anime style themed. Sailor Moon is big here, and yes she may make you totally think the wrong thing ;)

Now, for something a little more personal

For those that keep up with the Bells' real life; I on occasion sing karaoke in Second Life. It is slightly liberating to let go and sing. I want to stress I am not a professional by any means, I’m really self conscious and there are so many wonderful singers in Second life that the thought of Bells getting on a stage was ridiculous in my mind. When it comes to SL music...I've always been the fan, aid and some have called me cheerleader.  I don’t think I’m cringe worthy or tomato tossing but I am mediocre at best.

What I’ve discovered is it’s all mood based for me, meaning I have to be happy and in good spirits in order to sing or else I won’t have the will to give it my best. I really have to want to perform..and yes, that’s exactly what it is when I sing a performance. It’s fun. The biggest benefit I've managed to get out of this is overcoming my fear of public speaking. (slightly)

I've been in toastmasters, given presentation in front of large groups and taught overseas being in front of people strikes FEAR into my heart and causes great panic attacks. You can hear it in my voice, see it in my face and years of working on it in both a professional and private manner were never really able to help me over come it.

Singing exposes one of the most vulnerable most protected parts of my person. I've done at home karaoke for many years, but that was it at home in the privacy of my home not SHARED with others. It was my own way to release stress and have fun. I did feel when this first started that I was forced into sharing this part of myself, but I figured I had two choices. Lose something I love so dearly that is a HUGE part of who I am or...OWN IT! and, well I decided that singing in a public format means I designate a TIME and PLACE when it is APPROPRIATE to share part of myself with others. Taking back control or something like that.

The Look- Digital Love

Musical Inspiration: Digital Love 
Hair-Foxy - Kitsune Hair
Dress-BonBon, Interstllar Idol, 04
Microphone-BonBon, Radio and Microphone
Crystal Heart Academy

No comments: