Tuesday, January 11, 2011

52 Weeks of Color- Week 10- Sienna

Steampunk

 We're already on to Week 10 in Luna's 52 weeks of color blogger challenge! YAY!

I had a bit of fun with this post because once I found this outfit last week at L'Abel I knew I wanted to create a Steampunk look. I picked this up during that great sale at L'Abel where items were 50-75% off. Sadly the sale ended Jan 9th.

The Abela dress was one that caught my eye because of the feather skirt and high quadruple buckle belt that accentuates the waist. To me this was the steampunkesque part that determined the look. I also am a big fan of the leggings and high collar top because of the camo print. These little touches give an extra bit of edge and help make my aviator look realistic.

I accessorized my outfit by pairing Magika Hair- Fly (No longer for sale) with Reek's Boston Boots (Picked up at a 50L sale). Reek's open lace shoe is the perfect unisex shoe I found it to be such a perfect match I had to include a full body shot in this post. Once the outfit was complete I looked for a bit of steampunk accessories, Giahorn Band Carry- Pack was purchased on the SL marketplace. I was drawn to this because it reminded me of a homemade attempt to create a rocket pack. I loved the idea that I could soar from roof top to roof top wearing this little pack.

52 weeks of color-week 10-Sienna

I did have some help with finding a location from Plurky Pal, Tiara Thibedeau. Who was kind enough to mention the Babbage sim as a excellent steampunk community. I did take these photos in the city hall building. I found it best for giving a view of the Babbage skyline. I did have a bit of trouble when taking these photos, but after editing I think it was worth it. I'm so happy with the way the first shot turned out.

I'm eagerly waiting for next weeks color, Indigo. I don't have an outfit yet, but I hope I can find something a bit wild to wear. ;)

The Look- Steampunk Avaitor
Hair-Magika Hair-Fly-Browns(No Longer Available)
Skin-Dutch Touch-SjOrs-Caramel-CleoPatras Sis
Dress-L'Abel-Abela dress
Shoes-Reek-Boston Boots-Brown(50L friday Item
Gigahorn Band- Carry pack
Poses-!Bang, Be right back pose set, Freestylin'

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an amazingly cute outfit!

Unknown said...

this is one of my faves to wear and you made it look so cool