Saturday, June 23, 2012

Dark Tails of Dragons

Dark Tails of Dragons

“Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” G.K. Chesterton

Today's post is a bit of Fantasy. The whole look was prompted by two things, The Evita Headpiece from Glam Affair and a photo of Angelia Jolie as Maleficent I found on the web.

For those that haven't seen Disney's Sleeping Beauty you are missing out on a childhood classic movie. It's one of the original Disney films back when everything was hand drawn. Maleficent is the Villain in Sleeping Beauty. She's pretty wicked cool too because she has the ability to transform into a dragon.

I want to point out some newness in today's post. First The Evita Headpiece from Glam Affair, this headpiece is available at the Dressing Room. Once I saw it I knew I would create a look centered around the darkness. It's 100 percent Mesh and a great addition to an Avant-garde or Couture look. 

Next, is a skirt from House of Fox, Also purchased at the Dressing Room. Unfortunately, this skirt is no longer available at the Dressing Room, But House of Fox has other unique outfits available in their main store. What I enjoy most about this skirt is the cross pattern and mesh quality. House of Fox has done a great job on this skirt.

Finally, I want to point out the skin from PXL Creations. This skin was a bit of serendipity, because I was in the market for a pale gothic looking skin. Luckily PXL Creations released a Vampire version of Kate for their group members. It's still available for free to the paid VIP Group. If you are a member be sure to pick it up and if you are not and would like to join it's only 250 Lindens. PXL Creations does deliver group gifts from time to time plus you can receive discounts on Fat Pack skin purchases. I've found it to be worth the entry fee in lindens.

***After I finished working on this photo I saw a gorgeous shot of Maleficent done by Grazia Horwitz, I hope she dosen't mind me sharing her flicker page. It's really beautiful. Soft lighting, Wonderful areas of light. Grazia really shows her artistic flare in this photo. 

The Look- Maleficent Dark Dragon Tail
Hair-Elikatira- Again- White 05
Skin- PXL Creations- Kate PA- Vampire
Headpiece- Glam Affair- The Evita Headpiece
Horns, Legs and Tail-Sn@tch-Demonic Influence
Top-Luxuria- Belinda- Black
Skirt- Color Me. House of Fox- My Cross Skirt- Mesh
Necklace-Deco- Black Pearl Double Strand Necklace
Pose-Glitterati- 156

No comments: