Monday, April 23, 2012

52 weeks of Color Week #13- Tea Green

52 weeks of color-Tea Green

"It's been 84 years, and I can still smell the fresh paint. The china had never been used. The sheets had never been slept in. Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was."- Rose-Titanic, The Movie

We recently passed 100 years since the sinking of the Titanic and I decided to pay a little homage in my own way by completing today's color challenge post in an Edwardian Theme, which was the Grande Style of the time period during the Titanic's voyage.

This post's color challenge is Tea Green. I have to admit finding something suitable for this color was a bit of a challenge. Luna managed to pick a tricky one. Tea Green is a delicate shade of green, soft and subtle and a wonderful color for spring.

Ivalde released a collection of Edwardian Designed dresses to mark the 100 years of the Titanic. I am currently only showing one dress today, but there are a total of four dress styles available in the new release. Miss Alberta which I'm wearing happens to be my favorite out of all four because if the collared neckline and high waisted skirt. Wearing Miss Alberta makes me feel like such a lady.

Untitled

Another cute item I would like to point out today is this decorative hair accessory from Eclectica. The Vintage Barrette in Silver is the perfect compliment to an vintage style. I'm using it like a hair comb in my photo today. What I like most about this barrette is the iridescent jewel located in the middle and the pearls that accentuate the outer portion of the design.

Next Color Challenge post is Royal Purple, which I'm thinking might be tricky to find within my inventory and I might have to start making special purchases for. :D Just what I need another excuse to shop. LOL


The Look- Remembering the Titanic
Hair-Lamb- Witch- Snickers
Skin-Dutch Touch- Eefie- Caramel
Dress-Ivalde-Miss Alberta- Mint
Necklace-Yummy-Miss Havisham's broken Heart
Hair Accessory-Eclectica- Vintage Barette- Silver

No comments: