Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Stand, a survivor exhibit

Stand

It's not often that I find myself moved by something in SL but I have to let you all know about a special art show that touched my heart. Stand, is an art exhibit which highlights Cancer survivor stories. The photography is done by, Catalina Staheli and every photo is a beautiful presentation which highlights a real story. (Click to view Catalina's Flickr stream.) The Stand building design is put together very elegantly, and it really creates an atmosphere that you have entered into an art gallery.

I spent around an hour reading each story and looking over the art work which was displayed across the walls. As someone who has lost a close family member to cancer, RFL holds a special place within my heart.

One photo and story which really touch my heart was that of, Riko Kamachi. Riko recently lost her fight to cancer and is apart of the exhibit. From reading her note card you can see that Riko was a very special person who was loved, touched the lives of those around her and will be missed greatly by her friends. Riko's story is just one of the many you can find along the walls of Stand.

Stand, collaborates with several different RFL teams so there are several RFL kiosks that you can easily donate to. Stand will feature DJ, Live performers and tribute bands during the week of May 2-10. You can find out about the events Stand will showcase on the RFL event page. I hope that you take the time to visit the art exhibit and perhaps even donate a few lindens to the RFL cause.

No comments: