Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Magic's In the Makeup


I want to start off by saying I have total respect for skin designers in SL. I realize there is hours of hard work and painstaking detail they take into consideration when creating skins. Skins after all are the most essential part of an avatar's identity. I myself have attempted to create a skin and failed horribly. (I'm not ashamed to admit it. ) With this said. I'm going to continue on with my post.

Earlier this week I plurked about how happy I was to receive a group gift from CHAI Nova Skins in all colors. I loved this because it allowed me to have the option to CHOOSE my skin. (I know there is always a choice to wear a skin or not.) Rather than having one skin tone the group gift contained 9 skin tones. Which was extremely generous. I know other groups release skins in all colors. Exodi skins, (which I'm currently wearing for the photo) released a freebie that contains all skin tone.

I am not complaining about the fact that skin makers tend to release a group gift or freebie for a hunt in one color, but rather stating that I enjoy when there are options available and when a skin maker chooses to acknowledge that there are various ethnic groups in SL. I am grateful for every freebie or discounted skin I have received in SL. In fact I have kept several in my inventory some dating back to 2006. I have skins in various colors; some light, some dark and quite often my skin tone changes for a particular look or style. But every now and then I want to look like my RL self. Dark hair, tan skin and freckles ever so slightly along the bridge of my nose and cheeks.


Photo Credits:
Skin: Exodi- La Muera- Cherry
Hair- !Lamb- Say- Snickers
Lingerie 5th&Oxford- Little Miss-Lavender
Head Band-5th&Oxford- Little Miss Veil-Lavender
Pose-ANIMAH-Lipstick on Pose

Can you tell I'm faking it? But I want to be myself
A counterfeit disposition
Can't be good for my health
So many different faces
Depending on the different phases
My personality changes
I'm a chameleon
There's more than one dimension
I can fool you and attract attention
Camouflage my nature
Let me demonstrate...

Makeup's all off
Who am I?
Magic's in the make up
Who am I?
No Doubt

1 comment:

Bill Petersen said...

Bells, Any chance you will unblock me in flickr? I miss you.