Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Stand By Me

Last Week My grandmother lost her fight with cancer. This has been a very difficult time for my family. We all loved my grandmother so much and feel she was taken from us too soon.

Easter weekend my family and I took a trip to a little church in San Juan, Texas for my grandmother. My grandmother seemed as if she was in good spirits at the time, laughing and sharing stories of the past with me. She expressed how grateful she was to have this chance to visit her favorite church, and shared her concerns over the fact her chemotherapy was not working and radiation was supposed to start soon. She was scared, but we all kept encouraging her to move froward since she was already making progress and the cancer was no longer in her bones. We refused to let her give up. During our trip I told her about the fashion show I was going to be in that Saturday for Relay for Life. I told her I was going to be working the runway for her, in her honor, because she was not going thru this alone. We hugged one another inside the church and prayed together for one last time. These are the last memmories I shared with my grannie, She always made our moments so special. She was more than a grandmother to me, She was my mom and friend.

I have spoken a little about Cancer awareness in the virtual world last year on my blog and was even asked to write a little article about it for theKonstrukt. So seeing how It's now Relay for Life season in SL again, I want to ask you to please make a donation to the American Cancer Society by clicking on those purple Kiosks you will see around SL. Lets make a stand together as a community and for all who have fought and are still fighting against cancer. This is not something one person can do alone and your support gives strength to others who might need it the most.

I will take a couple of weeks away from SL to get some things in order with my family. Thank you for all your support.
Bells MUHA!

No I won't be afraid, no I won't be afraid
Just as long as you stand, stand by me
The Temptations- Stand By Me

No comments: