Sunday, August 9, 2015

Miss Scarlett

Miss Scarlett......

It was Miss Scarlett .....in the kitchen ......with the monkey wrench.... OK, I'm totally making a CLUE reference with today's post, but I can't help it. When I stumbled upon Valentina's newest design I was completely struck with this image in my mind.

Now, I totally love Valentina's designs so please don't take my next set of lines as harsh criticism of this brand; however, I'm going to mention a few thing that I adore about this dress and things I don't really enjoy all that much. Let's start off off with the good.

First off, Color. Valentina's Aura Gown in Scarlet is a deep rich red color that is sure to turn heads. It has a sensual flow to the bodice and I adore how much exposed skin you can see on the back. This dress is very fancy and formal. Now, for something I'm not such a fan of, the train. I both love and dislike this train for two reasons. I love that it is sculpted so beautifully and draws attention to the backside, super sexy; however, I am not a fan that the train is so stiff. I can't really see the flexibility of this dress when dancing because it would look silly carrying it around a formal setting. However, for photos I see this dress being an excellent prop. If I could change one thing on this dress it would be the train. I would love to see this dress in a version that didn't include the train. it would be perfect at this point to wear in all formal settings.

Now back to my Clue reference. I imagine that Miss Scarlett would wear something like this at a dinner party right before the murder took place in Clue. She would then look so seductively at the other dinner guests and no one would question weather or not she committed the crime. I also imagine it might get her into a few mishaps with the other dinner guests.

The Look- Miss Scarlett
Hair- Magika- Honest
Skin- Glam Affair - Amberly Skin - Lovely Day- Jamaica
Dress-:V.e. Aura Gown Scarlet

No comments: