Sunday, July 3, 2011

Independence Never Tasted Sweeter



I 'm going to let you in on a little secret.  The Hair fair is my absolute favorite fair out of the entire year. I know I shouldn't play favorites but I just can't help it. I've been saving my lindens for this event and sadly I've already gone through half of my hair fair budget and I still have Demos in my inventory to sort through. Don't let my mini "whoa is me" fool you, it's completely worth it. Especially when comparing the cost of the items vs the benefit to receiving them. Gorgeous Hair and lending a helping hand to a charity in need.

This year's hair fair beneficiary is Wigs for kids, which is a wonderful organization dedicated to bringing wigs to children who have lost their hair due to medical reasons. I was really touched when reading the history of how this foundation was started. All hair styles at the hair fair are donation styles so even purchasing one new hair style in SL will help fund a RL child's new wig.



The Hair Fair which opened its doors on July 2, will run until July 15 and has some great styles available. Four summer themed sims with an easy to follow route make shopping the hair fair sublime. I've discovered some new to me stores and my favorite hair designers have only exceeded my expectations by creating decadent hair styles, making it hard to choose just one.

Make sure you take the time to de prim before visiting to make your hair fair purchases. The hair fair has provided low lag clothing for your convenience donated by DCNY and Exile. (I actually wore only a silver metallic skin that I use for my vendor photos to combat the lag.) You can easily circumvent some of the crowds by joining the DEMO group for the hair fair and receiving demos before purchasing. Another tip is avoiding peak hours for visiting the fair. Since I've moved to an euro time zone I discovered that the best times for visiting any fairs are Monday - Friday from 12am slt until 8:00 am slt, if you have an opportunity to test this out I suggest you do, just remember the weekend of any fair's opening is usually the busiest. A complete list of all vendors at the hair fair, along with more tips for fighting lag can be found on the official hair fair site.


Hair Fair Site
Demo Group
Flicker Account

The Look-Independence Never tasted sweeter
Hair- Exile-Lady Versailles-Dark Browns
Skin- Glam Affair-Nina Skin &Lipstick Tattoo 1-The dressing room number 33
Swimsuit-Fri.day-Nautical pinup- FLF
Bracelet-StoRin-Kit Nautical Bangles-Blue Silver
Necklace-Artilleri- Yarr Necklace- Red
Shoes-Paper Couture-Bow Soiree Platform Wedges-White

No comments: